2.08.2011

Bathing Beauties



I think I've already mentioned that I'm over winter. I am ready for tan weather. (A reasonable tan using an appropriate amount of sunscreen  and a little self-tanner) I've started ritualistically poring over the fashion mags to figure out what I'll have to have to get make it fashionably through the spring and summer months. Not to mention that with spring and summer comes beaches and pools and boats, so I guess it's time to "get serious" at the gym again.


As seen in ELLE


As much as I love land-based fashion, I also think that it is critical to have serious beachwear; my theory is that if your bathing suit and accoutrement are fabulous, you too will be fabulous regardless of whether you have skipped a workout or have indulged in an a few umbrella drinks. (This is my absolute favorite BTW, best served in a Styrofoam cup (sorry), on a boat.) To that end, I have fallen in love with marysia SWIM, a gorgeous line of swimwear hailing from Charleston, SC no less.



Maillot in Rose Cloud
Founded in 2008 by Marysia Reeves (who cut her design teeth at studying at FIDM and interning at Milly NY), marysia SWIM takes influence from Marysia's former training as a ballerina-you can totally see it in the feminine lines and muted color palette. From that original line, Marysia was inspired to add a children's line to the collection-playfully known as "BUMBY". 

Entirely too much. Adore.
Marysia's designs use high-quality Italian textiles, and are perfect for looking good and feeling good poolside. Marysia's designs have caught fashion insiders' eye; she won 2009's Emerging Designer Competition-Southeast and the BUMBY line is sold in exclusive retailer Barney's NY. I love the subtle tones and soft shapes of marysia SWIM; the styles are sophisticated and modest while still being sexy.




Karoline Bikinis, they crossover in the back, my FAVES!!!

Marama Maillot and Adi Bikini
Shop the website:

Fan them on Facebook:

Maillot in Black and Bari Bikini

***BTW, if you add them on Facebook you can enter to win one of 3 free swimsuits they're giving away each week for the next two weeks! YAY!!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio