3.19.2015

Living Room DIY

Image Via Brittany Makes

I am definitely a "project" person. I don't mind putting in sweat equity to a) save money and b) keep myself occupied. There's something sooo satisfying about DIY. (When it actually turns out OK!) I have been contemplating a few living room projects lately, and have totally found my muses. One thing I really wanted to do is a bar cabinet. THIS is what I dream of at night, but I'll let you when I when the lottery guys. So I started looking for a DIY. I'd found a gorgeous one that I loved but seemed a little daunting, so I kind of gave up. But then I found this super chic mid-century style IKEA hack over on Brittany Makes and I feel like I'm back! I am loving the gold paper she used on the interior, it's wrapping paper if you can believe it. I think I'd gold with a wallpaper as it seems like that would be a it more durable but you get the idea. The work involved is minimal, as is the price. Check out her blog for the details and her other great DIYS. 

The second project I really want to get done is a new coffee table. I would LOVE to be able to invest in something like this (or a pair!) from Serena & Lily, but unfortunately even at OKL prices it's still out of reach for me. So this lovely DIY from Hunted Interior fits my bill and really creates a high end look with a tiny bit of elbow grease. This is another IKEA hack that seriously involves spray paint and some basic art skills, and should cost you well under $100. Click here for the play-by-play. (PS-I also love her rug.)

Image Via Brittany Makes

Image Via Hunted Interior

Image Via Hunted Interior

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio